31/12/2019

Classic WoW & Me in 2019

A few days ago Wilhelm made a nice post summarising where he stands in Classic WoW after four months, in terms of how many alts he has at which level, with which professions etc. I thought this would be a nice format to copy and would also make for a nice post to finish up the year on this blog. Without further ado, my current character roster in Classic:

Shika
  • Level 60 Hunter
  • 11 days, 12 hours played
  • 300 Mining, 275 Engineering, 289 Cooking, 281 Fishing, 300 First Aid
Originally conceived to be an alt that I could play whenever my friends didn't feel up for playing in a group, this hunter is currently my undisputed main, seeing how everyone else cruelly abandoned me (/cue world's smallest violin).

I have to admit that life at max level doesn't engross me as much in Classic as the levelling game did, but she has been achieving some minor goals over the past few weeks. Talking about some of that will probably be my next post in fact.

Shintau
  • Level 36 Shaman
  • 3 days, 23 hours played
  • 226 Skinning, 203 Leatherworking, 207 Cooking, 225 Fishing, 260 First Aid
Originally meant to be my main; then the friend I played with got so far ahead of me that I felt discouraged. My husband agreed to replace her as my levelling partner, so I got him all caught up and we did spend another ten levels or so levelling together, until he lost interest in the game too.

Yet this is still the character I kind of want to main in terms of class and role, but solo-levelling as a resto shaman is just the pits. Plus I'm still in that awkward spot where part of me is secretly hoping that I'll manage to get my husband back into it, so I don't really want to outlevel his warrior just yet anyway.

Shilu
  • Level 34 Druid
  • 2 days, 21 hours played
  • 198 Herbalism, 189 Alchemy, 151 Cooking, 148 Fishing, 224 First Aid
Originally created to duo with my husband's warrior as I got him caught up to my shaman's level, this little druid is slowly shaping up to become my main alt I think. They are just so versatile: able to solo a lot of pretty tough content, but also capable of filling literally any role in a levelling dungeon as long as the person behind the character is willing to do so, and I absolutely am.

Currently her focus in terms of gear and spec is on tanking, but I started putting together a healing set as well, because Sod's Law says that despite of there seemingly always being a tank shortage for everything, the moment you are on your tank it will be some other role that's in short supply. When I ran RFK on her, our group had no fewer than three tanks in it (I was one of two who agreed to go dps).

Shinny
  • Level 27 Mage
  • 1 day, 18 hours played
  • 185 Tailoring, 109 Enchanting, 148 Cooking, 156 Fishing, 132 First Aid
I originally created this character to have a disenchanter and bag-maker, and most of her levelling has been driven by me feeling that she was a bit too low on money, bag space and character levels relative to the challenge of storing all those bits of cloth and enchanting materials.

Mostly I've found that I don't seem to enjoy playing mage as much as I remembered, even though I know that they are objectively quite powerful. I think they just require a more offensive and mobile playstyle than I'm really comfortable with. Being able to teleport to all the cities and saving a lot of time that would otherwise be spent on flight paths, boats or zeppelins is great though.

We'll see what 2020 will bring for these four and what new alts will end up joining the stable (because you know it will happen eventually, not least because I don't currently have a priest of all things...)

1 comment:

  1. That's a lot of Tauren :-)
    I have two characters in dungeon groups 10 levels apart (the higher at 31). I have professions on both but no time or inclination to solo in Classic so they're both way behind already.
    My husband has found Mage disappointing to play, slow casts and an ultra-boring rotation (he went Frost). The utility and CC is great though.

    ReplyDelete