06/02/2020

Level 40 the 2nd

Lest you think that I've been spending all my time playing Alliance, another milestone I've reached recently has been my druid hitting level 40, being only my second character to do so. And she got her first mount too!

What was interesting about that was that unlike on my hunter, I didn't feel nearly as much pressure to earn mount money, not least because I now have a level 60 main that could potentially chip in and help out where needed.

As it happened though, the druid ended up earning the 90 gold all by herself anyway. Once again I noticed that she was tantalisingly close already as she approached 40, so I held off on training some of my spell upgrades and gathered up some fish and herbs to sell on the auction house, which was enough to get her over the line.

I guess alchemy being less of a money drain while levelling than pretty much any other crafting profession probably helped, but it also feels easier to me to make a bit of extra money while levelling now that the economy has matured a little. With more and more characters accumulating at the level cap, there are fewer players harvesting low- to mid-level resources, plus those higher level characters have more gold at their disposal to just buy things off the auction house.

Mind you, Pyrewood Village is still insanely busy and sometimes those max-level characters will still go out to farm their own stuff: While questing in the Badlands for example I was quite taken aback by the sheer amount of high-level Alliance characters that were constantly swooping in to pick flowers right in front of my nose or kill certain mobs that I needed for my quests. Then again, that's something I should really be used to at this point, but it certainly adds to the appeal of the (relative) quiet on Hydraxian Waterlords.

No comments:

Post a Comment