21/09/2026

Meme Monday: WoW Forever Memes

I'm going to steal Redbeard's Meme Monday format for a day, since he seems unlikely to be using it for this particular subject. I've been browsing a lot of reddit and social media for more WoW Forever reactions and while there's a lot of utter insanity out there, there've also been some pretty funny memes, a few of which I wanted to share here.

Edit of a four-panel Jenkins comic of two people talking. Panel 1: Person 1 says "Hi! My name is Jason." Panel 2: Person 2 says "Ah! Nice to meet you, Jason" and reaches up into their speech bubble to grab the name Jason. Panel 3: View of the inside of Person 2's head as they try to push "Jason" inside it, but it bounces off because the brain is already full of friends, family, and most of all, WoW Forever. Panel 4: Person 2 says "Say, Jarvis, wanna hear the latest WoW Forever News?"

This was basically me for most of last week. I don't remember the last time I was this happily excited for such a long period of time that it interfered with my normal day-to-day operations. Fortunately I've managed to calm down a bit since then! Originally seen on the Classic WoW subreddit but it was deleted for some reason.

Four-panel meme of Anakin and Padme sitting in a meadow. Anakin: "I'm playing WoW Forever." Padme: "That's just the title of the new game, right?" Anakin: (stares) Padme: "... right?"

Fortunately I don't need to have this conversation with my husband. When I did share my excitement about WoW Forever with him, his reaction was just a slightly resigned "I'm not going to see you for a while when that comes out, right?" Also from the Classic WoW subreddit. Of course, not everyone is this resigned about being sucked back in:

A large copy of the World of Warcraft Forever logo, but "Forever" is replaced with "Forfuck sake" (and a tiny "not again" underneath).

Posted on r/wow under the title "My friend's reaction when I ask her to resubscribe". 

Meanwhile, the following was posted under the title "Meanwhile in Ironforge" (again in r/wow):

Three panel screenshot meme. Panel 1: A dwarf with a scroll runs up to another dwarf next to a forge. "My king! The tauren are invading! Kharanos is burning!" Panel 2: Close-up of the second dwarf. "What?! Why have I not been warned earlier?! Where is our scouts?! Where is Terry?!" Panel 3: The dwarf from the WoW Forever cinematic picking a flower while his bear rolls in the grass in the background.  

As much as I loved the trailer, that made me chuckle. You've got to be careful with altering the timeline! (In the original World of Warcraft trailer, the dwarf hunter went on to fight a tauren instead of wandering off.)

Speaking of changes, I was amused by this take on what's probably going to be the most popular new race/class combo:

A drawing of an angry undead paladin with the all caps text "I am in constant pain and I'm about to make this everyone else's problem"
FaroraSF posted this on the WoW subreddit but also on her Bluesky. This is the same creator by the way who made the excellent video about exploring Dragonflight on foot, which I recommended back here. She's gone on to do the same in War Within and Midnight since then.

Finally, not an image meme, but a humorous post that tries to answer the question "Why the Skyborne don't appear in Retail WoW [Most Plausible Theory]". That is 100% going to be my head-canon now until/unless they get added to modern WoW after all (which wouldn't surprise me in the long run, though I guess for now they are meant to be one of Forever's unique selling points).

Actually, let's throw in one last thing if we're already deviating from the format anyway, because this video just popped up on my YouTube feed and made me laugh - a reaction to WoW Forever from someone who loved WoW back in the day and bounced off Classic:

1 comment: